We're currently living in an era of 'mobile-everything' and in the marketing world, this has become increasingly important. Mobile marketing is a technique used to promote your business in a manner easily accessible by smartphones and other handheld devices. This technique employs methods such as email campaigns, SMS, MMS, website advertisements, social media marketing, blog marketing, and mobile-optimized websites. Did you know that 80% of adults who access the internet have smartphones? This provides a great opportunity to extend the outreach of your business! Mobile marketing allows you take advantage of the increasing number of mobile users - allowing for a large target audience to be reached, resulting in a higher likelihood of conversions and ultimately, more business.
Here are some tidbits on mobile marketing and why you should consider using it (if you're not already):
Mobile marketing is:
- Personable - Mobile marketing allows open rates and click-through rates for posts and newsletters to be easily tracked, providing an opportunity for you to understand your customers’ needs and a way to engage with them on a pertinent level.
- Accessible - 91% of adults have smartphones within arms-reach. Knowing this makes mobile marketing a good choice, as users can access information anywhere and at any time. Users are constantly checking for useful content from businesses, to promotions, to offers, articles, and so on. Why not create relevant content for them to enjoy?
- Up-to-date - With a constant influx of information and news reports at your fingertips, you, in turn are able to provide customers with up-to-date information, relevant to their interests and your business, accordingly.
- Cost-effective - While traditional marketing, such as billboards, TV commercials, and radio ads have a high success rate, mobile marketing provides a lower-cost option, allowing you to reach more people for less. In addition to cutting down on costs, 'going mobile' allows you to help the environment by going paperless.
Related article: Why Your Practice Should Be Mobile Friendly
Based on what we've already covered about mobile marketing, why not use these takeaway questions to see if your business is mobile optimized.
- Is your website mobile-optimized?
Mobile optimization gives visitors to your website the best possible viewing experience, whether using a smartphone or other handheld device, without taking away from the desktop version of the website. A few things to think about, although not limited to, are:
- Custom content - Custom Content personalizes your business and provides the opportunity for your clients to know more about you.
- Page speed - This is the amount of time it takes for the content on your website to load, once a customer clicks on it. Ideally, customers will find the information quickly (under 2 seconds if possible). There are web tools which allow you to check the speed of your website.
- Locations and descriptions in HTML title, meta and alt tags should be reviewed as well as keywords linked with the services you offer; making your business more easily discoverable.
Google searches for websites which have new and updated content and also ranks these higher - making them faster to find. With constant access to information, it is vital that information is kept up-to-date, especially social media posts. Read our article on more tips for increasing social media engagement here.
Consider the demographic of the clients. Is there a particular method suited to a particular demographic? Why not let UpOnline help you out with researching your mobile marketing needs? Read more about how to reach your target audience through social media here.
All in all, mobile marketing is on the increase and proves to be more effective in reaching a large number of individuals. Contact us to discuss in detail what you can do to improve your mobile marketing strategy.